Snapdragon 835: Small in Size, Big in Features.
Ever since the advent of smartphones, we have been expecting a lot from our mobile devices. In return, technology has come up with much powerful yet small processors to meet the demand. Thanks to the innovations in mobile phone technology. Small in size, big in features. That’s how Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 mobile platform is.
Presented during the CES 2017 in Las Vegas, this 10 nm chip is 35% smaller than its predecessors.
- It uses 25% less power
- It can sustain long battery life
- It supports a high-tech vivid camera
- It supports realistic VR and AR experiences
- It has faster download speed
Here are the reasons why the Snapdragon 835 is the next big thing:
- Super fast. The Snapdragon X16 LTE modem, the multi-Gigabit 802.11ad and integrated 2×2 11ac MU-MIMO wi-fi deliver 1 GB per second download speed. It is ten times faster than the first generation 4G LTE and provides wireless Internet connection at fiber optic speed even in crowded networks. Now you can view that 4K HDR movie that you’ve been wanting to see.
- Smartphones are the new camera. The 14-bit Qualcomm Spectra 180 ISP can support capture of up to 32 megapixels with zero shutter lag. It offers smooth zoom, fast auto-focus, and vivid colors for improved image and video quality. Now that’s picture perfect.
- True-to-life sound experience. Because of Qualcomm Aqstic, Snapdragon 835 can support 3D positional audio, superior signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), and native DSD format for high fidelitiy playback.
- Real, not just surreal. With its Qualcomm Adreno 540 GPU, it delivers up to 25% faster graphics rendering and 60 times more color display for more exciting, vivid, immersive VR/AR experience. No more motion sickness, just intuitive virtual experience.
- Machine Learning. Snapdragon 835 has a built-in technology that adapts to your actions on your device. It will learn how you connect, process and secure information on your device, real time. This makes your smartphone smarter.
- Powerful. The Qualcomm® Kryo 280 CPU has the most power-efficient architecture. It has independent efficiency and power clusters, each designed to optimize for a unique user experience.
- Efficient. The Snapdragon 835 boasts more than a day of talk time, over five days of music playback, or over seven hours of 4K video streaming. Should the phone need more power, the Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 provides five hours of talk time after five minutes of charging.
- Maximum Security. The Qualcomm Haven security suite includes a full biometric suite for fingerprint, voice, iris and facial recognition. It provides comprehensive security that can protect the user’s identity and the device from the inside out.
- Now in Use. The Snapdragon 835 is now in the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Sony Xperia XZ Premium cellphones.
So do you think the smartphones are getting smarter? Snapdragon 835 is getting there.